Our datacenters have all the needed services such as firedetection, security system, emergency power, AC units and a meeting room... What about the coffee? Thats free of charge!
The second Enschede location is a ISO27001 and NEN7510 certified datacenter designed according to the Tier 3 specifications. The Tier 3 specification describes how the minimal expected availability of 99.982% can be guaranteed by use of redundant components througout the datacenter (Power, Cooling and Internet). The Marsteden location has a total capacity of 30 racks and can thus accomodate around a 1000 servers. In the past the datacenter was known as TwentsDC.
The datacenter consists of approximately 800 square foot for a total of 30 racks. In comparison to other datacenters there is no raised floor, so the cooling an cabling is done differently. Cooling the datafloor is provided via in-row units in combination with the standarized hot and cold corridor setup. For cabling there are ceiling mounted cable trays for easier access during installation and maintenance scenario's.
The racks at datafloor 2
The datacenter is secured by multiple HD cameras. The cameras are equipped with motion sensors which allows them to detect possible intrusions in a darkend environment. Physical access to the datafloor is regulated via access cards and unique pin numbers. In the event that someone loses his / her access cards, no access can be gained without the unique pin number. Every camera, motion detector, light and doors are managed via our BMS (Building Management Software). In addition to security our systems monitors data from temperature, power usage and fire detection sensors.
The electrical system is equipped with a redundant UPS system from Rittal in combination with a Lovol Marelli back-up generator. Thereby every rack is provided with two redundant 16 Amp power feeds (No-break). Additional power feeds can be provided.
Lovol Marelli emergency generator
The datafloor is protected via the VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) laser detectors. VESDA is capable to detect a fire in the very early stages. The moment the VESDA system detects a possible fire it will send out an alarm via our BMS (Building management system). Thereby the location includes a novec-1230 gas extinguishing system to engage automatically in case the VESDA system detects a potential fire. The used gas isn't dangerous to people, however it is recommended to leave the datafloor in case the fire extinguishing system is active.
Novec 1230 gas extinguishing system
The Enschede datacenter uses free air cooling for most of the year, which means that outside air is being used to cool the servers. This method of cooling is possible because the temperature, in the Netherlands, is below the 20 degrees celsius for about 80% of the year. The remaining 20% of the year uses the traditional systems from Trane and Uniflair.
The average maintained temperature in the datacenter is ± 24 degrees Celsius.
In row cooling